At Flipp you’ll find a true integration of disciplines that leads to providing an optimal product solution to help our clients achieve their goals. From the launch of a new retail product and e-commerce solution to crafting an online loyalty program we are constantly challenged with providing digital solutions for clients across many industries and channels. As a Developer you’re a perpetual learner with a passion of technical planning and all things computer science. You have a strong understanding of front-end and back-end experience that supports project planning and the technical architecture of our projects. You will be continually engaged, with our interactive team including our UI/UX design team to reach the best collaborative effort on new/old project work. We are looking for a developer with strong communication skills, an attention to detail and a passion for accessibility and optimization.
- Experience working with comps, wireframes and design templates
- Working with Account Managers to provide project planning and consultation to support estimates and level of effort and time.
- Building and maintaining deployment procedures and scripts.
- Technical architecture of projects to include the writing, refactoring and optimization of code through project development to provide an industry leading end product.
- Create a positive working environment and provide mentorship to a team of developers through code review and troubleshooting.
- Provide industry insights on emerging technologies and a passion for best practices
- Maintenance on projects > 5 years
- Expert level experience with PHP & MySQL (php 5 and above)
- Full front-end stack (HTML,CSS,JS) and experience with Pre-processors (SASS) and build tools (GULP, Webpack)
- Expert level experience with WordPress theme development
- Experience with GIT or similar Version Control Systems
- Understanding of user experience, accessibility, and testing tools
- Basic understanding of Developer Operations
- Ins and out of all the main operating systems ( OSX, Linux and Windows )
- Knowledge on SEO, and SEO management tools ( GTM , Analytics 4 )
Nice to know languages/frameworks
- React / Typescript Frameworks
- GSAP ( greensock animation library )
Does this sound like you? Send over your resume and portfolio!
Flipp is a full-service advertising agency located in Calgary, Alberta. Since 2009 we have been teaming up with our clients, building brands and relationships. We strive to maintain a fun, open, collaborative environment while producing the best work for our clients. We live by our three core values: sense of humour, empathy, and do what you say you’ll do.
Perks of being a Flipper:
- Balance: We believe that the best work is accomplished when we’re able to enjoy our lives outside of work. We also start our weekends early by leaving the office at 3pm on Fridays.
- Leadership Coaching: Every Flipper starts off by taking the Enneagram program, learning more about themselves and their team. Each team member has the opportunity for one-on-one leadership coaching sessions.
- Collaborative work environment: You won’t be stuck in one box! You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from a cross-functional team.
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan is 80% covered.
- #FlippKicks: Pick out a new pair of kicks on your work anniversary!